Funk, an eight-time champion on the PGA
TOUR and four-time winner on the Champions Tour wins first Major at Sunriver's Crosswater
After splitting his time between the PGA
TOUR and Champions Tour the past three years, Funk plans to play the PGA
TOUR full-time next year. He won Sunday despite neck, back and knee problems that led him to visit a chiropractor.
WITH THIS WIN... (information provided by PGATOUR.COM)
• Fred Funk, a winner at the season-opening MasterCard Championship at Hualalai, becomes the seventh player with a pair of victories this year, giving the Champions Tour the most multiple winners in a season since 2005 (seven). The last time Funk won twice in a calendar year was 1995 when he claimed both the Ideon Classic and the Buick Challenge.
• Funk becomes the first player since Jim Thorpe (2007 Charles Schwab Cup Championship) to win a Champions Tour event with four consecutive rounds in the 60s. • Funk becomes just the second player, and first since Gil Morgan in 1997, to win the JELD-WEN Tradition with four straight rounds in the 60s.
• Funk earns 794 Charles Schwab Cup points for winning this year's JELD-WEN Tradition and vaults from seventh place into the third position with 1,779 points on the season.
• In his 10th appearance on the Champions Tour this year, Funk collects a check for $392,000, his largest amount ever on the circuit, and increases his 2008 official earnings to $1,240,683 (fifth), the first time he's eclipsed seven figures in a single season on the circuit.
• Funk has now entered the final round with a lead three times on the Champions Tour and won each time (2007 Turtle Bay Championship, 2006 AT&T Championship).
Thanks to all those who participated, volunteered and came to cheer on their favorite pros. We look forward to another great year in 2009.
Mountain Resort Properties, Inc.
Labels: Sunriver, Sunriver golf, sunriver jeld wen